Going on vacation? Traveling for work? A quest away from home doesn't mean an end to your workouts. In fact, exercising in a new environment can help break the monotony of your routine. Then, upon returning home you can approach your old routine with a renewed spirit. Here are 10 tips to maintain fitness while on the road.
1. Pack portable exercise equipment such as a jump rope, resistance bands and/or tubing, exercise DVDs, or videos to use in your hotel room
2. Download audio workouts onto your MP3 player
3. Look for a fitness center near the airport to exercise during lay overs
4. Walk up and down airport stairs while waiting for your flight
5. Book a room at a hotel with an exercise facility or swimming pool
6. Find a park, mall or downtown near the hotel for walks
7. Look for a fitness club that offers one day passes for non-members near the hotel
8. Check with your local fitness club to see if they offer reciprocal memberships for facilities in other states
9. Perform calisthenics (e.g. sit-ups, push-ups, leg lifts, arm circles, etc.) and stretching exercises in hotel room
10. Schedule a walking or biking tour of area visiting
*Don't forget to cast your vote for your biggest barrier to exercise in the poll on my home page!
Labels: exercise, fitness, travel