Blogs > Simply Fit

Simply Fit, by Cindy Haskin-Popp, will help you make physical activity a part of everyday life. The health benefits of regular exercise and overall daily physical activity will be discussed. Fun, practical and easy-to-follow tips on an exercise program will be shared, as will the most current research. Fitness tips for families and seniors, on fitness centers and on buying proper and affordable equipment will be regularly given. 

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Facing Fitness

As many of you know, I contend that the achievement of good health and fitness is not an endpoint, but an ongoing process -- a process that will inevitably have setbacks, but with patience and perseverance, you can maintain your well-being. It certainly is not an easy feat, but is one that is well worth the effort. My own fitness journey has had its ups and downs as I have progressed through various stages in my life from the high accolade of being a MVP high school athlete to the low of assuming the role of a sleep-deprived new mom with little extra energy to exert toward fitness.

Recently, I decided that I needed to share a life-changing setback I experienced a few years back, and so I entered my story, "When a Third Place Finish Means Coming in First," and photo in Fitness Magazine's "Face of Fitness Cover Contest." I am pleased to announce that I am currently in the running this week to win a chance to be the "Face of Fitness." I need your vote to win. If I win this week, I go on to the semi-finals. You can vote each day through March 21 at the following link: http://photos.fitnessmagazine.com/category/vote/photo/743666. By following the link you will be able to read my story and have a chance to vote. Any support that you can provide is much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home